Pregnancy (40) Baby (24) Kids (11) Marriage (9) Crafts (8) Stitch Fix (6) Vacations (5)

Monday, April 28, 2014

35 weeks - Big movements, Diaper Bag, Hiccups!





 
Looking at that 2nd illustration is crazy to me. It's hard to believe that I have a baby that big in my belly sometimes.  Other times, it's very easy to believe because I feel a ton of pressure on my bladder or a huge stretch that catches me off guard.  It is blowing my mind that I am already 35 weeks and that I only have a maximum of 5 weeks before I meet my sweet little man.  It's even crazier to think that he could show up in about 2 weeks! I've mentally prepared myself for his arrival in 5 weeks, so if he shows up early, he is really going to catch me off guard.  I'm a huge planner (Type A personality here!) and it's stressing me out not know what's going to happen in the next few weeks. 

How far along: 35 weeks

Total weight gain: About 40 lbs.  :(

Maternity Clothes: Yep all maternity.  I did ask David to buy me a large T-shirt the other day when he ran into Academy.  He came back with this shirt... At least it covers my belly!



Stretch Marks: None on my tummy, a few on my butt though.  No big surprise there!

Sleep: Tossing and turning.  Having weird dreams again.

Best moment this week: Getting the diaper bag in! I absolutely LOVE it! It's big, has a fold out changing pad, comes with a travel wipes case, and has tons of pockets.  You can order one here! It's made by Petunia Pickle Bottom and I have recently become obsessed with their bags.  I really want to order the Wistful Weekender next.  Can you tell I'm a bag junkie?



Worst symptom(s) this week: Hot flashes, swelling, exhaustion...

Movement: He seems to be more active now than he has been the whole pregnancy.  Or at least I'm feeling more now that he has run out of room. It takes my breath away sometimes when he has a really big movement and pushes out really hard.  It's very distracting lol.  I've noticed that he does not like it when I lay too far on my side.  I guess I am pushing on him or decreasing his space, because he always pushes back really hard!  My husband finally stopped asking what's wrong when I shout "Ow!" for no apparent reason. He is also getting hiccups on a regular basis now.  He gets them 2-3 times a day and goes for about 5-10 minutes. You can actually see my belly continuously twitch if he's close to one side.

Food cravings:  Nothing much right now.  Been pretty thirsty!

Anything making you queasy:  Being really full and getting hot.

Have you started to show yet:  Yep. I'm huge.



Gender prediction:  It's a BOY! Grant James Martinez

Labor signs:  Had a few cramps which I'm told are Braxton Hicks.  Nothing consistent though.


Belly Button:   It's almost flat at this point.  Still hoping I can avoid it popping out!

Wedding Rings:  Gave up on them :(

Happy or Moody:  Moody.

Milestones: Packed the baby bag for the hospital.  I started on my hospital bag, but it's hard to get that 100% ready since I am still using the clothes and toiletries on a daily basis.  I've pretty much got everything in there that I can pack ahead of time, and will just have to remember what to grab at the last minute.

Looking forward to: My doctor's appointment this week.  I'm getting nervous the closer to 40 weeks I get!  Every little cramp I feel I wonder if this is the beginning of labor.  I am a planner and I can't plan for this!  It's stressful for me not knowing when he will decide to make his appearance. I'm hoping they start checking for dilation soon, so I can get an idea of when labor will start.

1 comment:

  1. You may be a type A personality, but I also know there is a little "go with the flow" in there too and you will do great! I know the not knowing is the worst! But we "type a" people tend to be able to handle things even when they are last minute and unexpected. That's the time management skills we have accumulated over time! Don't stress. You will remember everything. I just know it :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think :)