Pregnancy (40) Baby (24) Kids (11) Marriage (9) Crafts (8) Stitch Fix (6) Vacations (5)

Monday, June 1, 2015

Grant's 1st Birthday - Circus Theme




We celebrated Grant's birthday over the weekend and since I already did a post with his 12 month stats, this post will just be all about the party!

We went with a Circus theme, and I think it turned out pretty cute.  Unfortunately the day of the party was I.N.S.A.N.E. and I am just now realized that we barely took any photos.  Our electricity went out that morning and was off for 6 hours, the party store lost our balloon order and Grant was refusing to take a nap, so I ended up being frazzled and rushed for most of the day.  So I will share the pictures that we DID manage to take!

The cake was my absolute favorite part.  Village Bakery did a fabulous job like always!


Had to throw one in of me and the birthday boy, even though he was more interested in looking at all of the presents instead of the camera!


We borrowed a popcorn machine from David's mom, but I didn't manage to get a picture.  I am so sad because it was adorable and really fit our theme! Everyone loved the popcorn though and we did manage to get one picture of some popcorn on the table.



He was very tentative with the cake eating. He just picked up tiny pieces and ate it very slowly.  He didn't even eat very much before he decided he was full and wanted out of the high chair.


As party favors, everyone got to take home a box of animal crackers.

David grilled burgers and hot dogs for everyone and we all just relaxed and had a fun time celebrating Grant.  Since all of our family lives out of town, they enjoyed getting to spend time with Grant and see how much he's grown.  They hadn't even seen him walking yet, so they were all very impressed!


Here are links to everything I used for the party:
Invitations, Banner, Favor Tags: Etsy - OllieAndLulu
Birthday Hat: Etsy - DaintyCouture
Bowtie & Diaper Cover: Etsy - CuteAsClaire
 Cakes: Village Bakery

Not pictured:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think :)