Pregnancy (40) Baby (24) Kids (11) Marriage (9) Crafts (8) Stitch Fix (6) Vacations (5)

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Grant - 12 months!




My baby is one.  ONE! How and when did this happen??? I cannot believe that it has been 1 year since I gave birth to a tiny 6lb baby boy.


And here we are 1 year later. Here come the waterworks...


Age: 12 months

Weight:
  25lbs (this boy is solid!) Now that he is walking and much more interested in moving around, I expect that he will slim up a bit :) He's always been a lazy baby, but he's starting to explore more now.

Eye Color:
Looking hazel or green now.

Clothes:
PJs: 12-18M, Onesies:  12-18M. Shirts: 12-18M Pants: 12M & 18M

Diapers:
Size 4
 
Milestones:
  *Walking like a champ now! 95% of the time he walks everywhere, rarely crawls anymore. SO stinking proud of my little boy for walking by his birthday!
*Has 6 teeth
*Claps
*Waves Bye Bye

Best Moment(s) This Month:  The walking! I am such a proud mommy :) He took to walking so quickly that it really surprised me.  He works at it so much and even when he stumbles, he stands back up and keeps on going.

Loves: *walking
*throwing toys
*eating GRAPES and WATERMELON
*Splashing in the bath
*clapping
*playing with Tiger
*the remote

Favorite Toys:

Fisher-Price Light-Up Lion Stacker

Hates:
*getting his face cleaned after eating baby food
*getting his snot sucked out/wiping off his nose
*not being able to splash in the cat's water bowl

Food:  Getting about 10-15oz of BM a day and 3 meals a day like a big boy! We also do a morning and afternoon snack.  He much prefers to feed himself now than to be spoon fed.  He LOVES fruit and is kind of refusing veggies at the moment.  I try to give him the veggies first when he is hungry and then save the fruit for last.  

Side note: Since he was down to just 2-3 bottles a day, I decided to wean myself from the breast pump and it's been over 1 week since I stopped completely. It's unreal the amount of relief and freedom I feel.  I can have Red Bull, 2+ cups of coffee, and wine in the evening without having to time it around my pump times.  On top of the relief, I feel SO proud of myself for making to his first birthday.  There were many times that I wanted to quit so I could have that time and my body back to myself, but I really wanted him to have BM for 1 year exclusively.  So other than the small amount of supplementing I did before my milk came in, he was 100% breastfed. He's been so healthy and only had 1 ear infection (the only time he has had antibiotics) even though he's been in daycare since he was 4 months old.  I really think BM helped his immune system!  I still have a deep freeze completely full of BM, so I plan to mix that with whole milk once we start introducing it.

Looking Forward To:  His 1st birthday party! We are having a Circus themed party and I can't wait to recap the party next week.  Be on the lookout :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think :)