Pregnancy (40) Baby (24) Kids (11) Marriage (9) Crafts (8) Stitch Fix (6) Vacations (5)

Monday, May 12, 2014

37 weeks - BP Scare, RLS, Heartburn

 That is a WATERMELON.  Insane.  Today at my appointment, the ultrasound tech estimated the baby to weigh 7 lbs.
How far along: 37 weeks

Total weight gain: About 40 lbs.  :(

Maternity Clothes: Too big for most of my maternity clothes now.

Stretch Marks: None on my tummy.

Sleep: Horrible. Guess I'm getting ready for nighttime feedings.

Best moment this week: Hmm... not sure.  I'm in a funk.

Worst symptom(s) this week: Hot flashes, swelling, acid reflux, exhaustion, heartburn seems to be picking up too.

Movement: I can't tell if I'm having BH contractions or if it is the baby balling up in one spot, but it HURTS and takes my breath away.  It seems to be happening much more often now.

Food cravings:  Nothing much right now. I get full very fast and stay full longer.  Guess my stomach is really squished at this point.

Anything making you queasy:  Being really full and getting hot.

Have you started to show yet:  You think?



Gender prediction:  It's a BOY! Grant James Martinez

Labor signs: Starting to have mild period-like cramps periodically.  Nothing consistent though.  Went to L&D for monitoring last week and they said I was having regular contractions every 7 minutes to start out and they got 2-3 minutes apart.  I never felt anything, and the nurse assumed they were BH from being dehydrated.  That was over a week ago and nothing has happened since, so I think they were BH.  I'm desperate for SOME labor signs!  At my last appointment I wasn't effaced or dilated at all, which was so depressing. I've started all of the old wives tales at this point to try and get things moving along. Update: at my appointment today I was half a centimeter dilated!


Belly Button:   Flat.

Wedding Rings:  Nope.

Happy or Moody:  Moody. Very moody.  And emotional.  I want to cry (and have actually already had one emotional breakdown) when I think of being pregnant 4 more weeks.  I'm seriously hoping he comes by his due date at the very latest. If I go a week past my due date, I think I will lose it. 

Milestones: Hospital bag is 100% packed.  The nursery is 100% done.  Everything is assembled and installed.  We had a slight scare last week with my blood pressure and the doctor made it clear that if anything was wrong we would induce that day.  Luckily my observation didn't show any signs of high bp other than protein in my urine, so they let me go home.  I went into crazy preparation mode all weekend to try and get everything ready just in case something happens at my next appointment.

Looking forward to: My doctor's appointment this week. I want to see some progress! Each week brings me a little bit closer to my end goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think :)