Pregnancy (40) Baby (24) Kids (11) Marriage (9) Crafts (8) Stitch Fix (6) Vacations (5)

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Books Worth Reading

One of my favorite things to do is to curl up on the couch and read a book from start to finish.  I absolutely love to read!  I’ve been reading long novels for literally as long as I can remember.  The first book I remember reading was a Nancy Drew book that I snuck off of my sister’s bookshelf, and soon after I read every Nancy Drew book I could get my hands on.

Well, I’ve moved up from Nancy Drew, but reading is still my favorite past time.  I spend a lot of time on Google trying to find my next book/series to start reading, so I decided to compile my own list for people who are searching.  FYI – my favorite books to read are Romance novels, so if that isn’t something you’re into, go ahead and look somewhere else J

Historical Romance

·         The Lost Duke of Wyndham by Julia Quinn

·         Wicked Angel by Julia London

·         A Kiss at Midnight by Eloisa James

·         Counterfeit Lady by Dawn MacTavish

·         A Highlander of Her Own by Melissa Mayhue

 Paranormal Romance (Angel, Fairy, Vampire Romance)

·         Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick (Angel)

·         Fallen series by Lauren Kate (Angel)

·         Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa (Fairy)

·         Dark Swan series by Richelle Mead (Fairy)

·         Grace series by S.L. Naeole (Angel)

·         The Watchers Trilogy by Karice Bolton (Angel)

·         Soul Savers series by Kristie Cook

·         Fallen Eden Trilogy by Nicole Williams

 Science Fiction

·         The Hunger Games by Susanne Collins

·         The Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind (A MUST read if you love sci fiction with romance!)

o   Wizard’s First Rule

o   Stone of Tears

o   Blood of the Fold

o   Temple of the Winds

o   Soul of the Fire

o   Faith of the Fallen

o   The Pillars of Creation

o   Naked Empire

o   Debt of Bones

o   Chainfire

o   Phantom

o   Confessor

o   The Omen Machine (technically this is a separate series, but it is a follow up of the Sword of Truth series)

·         Faery  series by Dennis L. McKiernan

o   Once Upon a Winter’s Night

o   Once Upon a Summer’s Day

o   Once Upon an Autumn Eve

o   Once Upon a Spring Morn

o   Once Upon a Dreadful Time

Free books on iBooks that are decent:

·         Salt Bride by Lucinda Brant (Historical Romance)

·         In the Garden of Temptation by Cynthia Wicklund (Historical Romance)

·         Grey Eyes by Brandon Alston (Paranormal Romance)

·         Eternal Eden by Nicole Williams (Paranormal Romance)

·         Starfire Angels by Melanie Nilles (Science Fiction/Fantasy)

·         Frey by Melissa Wright (Science Fiction/Fantasy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think :)