Pregnancy (40) Baby (24) Kids (11) Marriage (9) Crafts (8) Stitch Fix (6) Vacations (5)

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hologram Effect Nail Polish by Layla

After searching for hologram nail polish for weeks, a store has finally decided to carry some! Ulta recently started carrying Layla Hologram Effect nail polish.  It's a little pricey, $15.50 a bottle, but I think it is totally worth it!  I went with Mercury Twilight, but there are 8 different colors to choose from.



The directions are easy.  I took a flyer from the store which I show you below. You buff and polish your natural nails, then apply a few coats.  I ended up doing 5 coats to get it even.



The picture below is in the shade.


The rest of the shots are in full sun.




It even looks great from far away!


NOTE: The polish start chipping FAST! I'm talking after about 20 minutes.  I decided to give it another shot using Orly Bonder Rubberized Base Coat and so far it's held up 2 days.  I will say that it doesn't go on quite as smooth with a base coat, but it's necessary if you want your holo mani to last more than 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think :)