Pregnancy (40) Baby (24) Kids (11) Marriage (9) Crafts (8) Stitch Fix (6) Vacations (5)

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Moss Covered Initial

I saw this on Pinterest (surprise, surprise!) and decided to give it a shot.

All you need is:
Hot glue gun
Scissors
Preserved Sheet Moss (I bought 3 pkgs and only used 2)
Wooden Letter

This is the moss that I bought at Hobby Lobby.  It was $3.99 per package.


I just cut out pieces of moss to fit the letter.  I laid the pieces aside and glued them on piece by piece.  After I finished, there were a few spots that looked bare, so I added a little bit more in those places.  Here is what I ended up with:


And here is how it looks on the shelf!


 Not my best work, but not bad overall!  If you decide to try to create a moss initial, I suggest painting the letter green first, or cutting the moss larger than the actual letter so that you can fold it around the edges.  This way no wood would show. 

Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think :)