Pregnancy (40) Baby (24) Kids (11) Marriage (9) Crafts (8) Stitch Fix (6) Vacations (5)

Friday, October 21, 2016

14 Weeks - Baby #2


How far along: 14 weeks, 0 days

Total weight gain: Eh maybe the same 2 lbs. I weigh the same as I did at my first appointment.

Maternity Clothes: All of my regular tops are pretty short now and I think I'm fighting a losing battle with my regular jeans. Not sure how much longer I'll be able to button them.

Stretch Marks: Not yet

Sleep:  I've been so sleepy. I'm having vivid nightmares again. 

Best moment this week:  We found out the gender!

Movement: TOTALLY feeling the baby already! It's crazy.  I feel the baby flipping around and every now and then I get a sharp jab that catches me off guard. So crazy that I'm feeling baby #2 6 weeks earlier than I felt Grant. I don't think I have an anterior placenta this time.

Food cravings:  I still don't have much of an appetite.

Anything making you queasy: Still throwing up daily.

Have you started to show yet:  Yep. See above - haha. Although I was actually asked when I was buying maternity clothes if they were for me or for someone else, so I guess I'm still in the questionable stage.

Gender prediction:  We know :) Not sure when we will announce though.

Labor signs:  Too soon!

Belly Button:  In!

Wedding Rings:  On!

Happy or Moody:  Ugh so moody.

Weekly Wisdom:  The 2nd pregnancy is so much more relaxed.

Milestones: Found out the gender AND feel the baby move all of the time!

Looking forward to:  Choosing a name.  This is always the hardest part. Oh and I can't wait for the nausea/vomiting to end. I'm so tired of being sick.

Other things to note: I already have heartburn! I didn't get that until the very end with Grant. I am also experiencing eye twitches again! That was the most random pregnancy symptom with Grant and it's happening again with Baby #2. So strange! I've been really crampy the past week which has had me really worried.  After having the miscarriage prior to this pregnancy, I'm terrified something is going to happen. I've actually kept myself somewhat detached from this baby emotionally because I'm afraid I'm going to lose it too.  With the miscarriage I was so ecstatic and already planning that baby's life and how he/she would fit in with our family, so it was devastating when we lost it.  I am so ready to feel confident and comfortable in this pregnancy.  I listen to the heartbeat on the Doppler daily and keep reminding myself that everything looks great so far with this baby.  It's scary though. I miss the naïve trust I had in my first pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think :)