Pregnancy (40) Baby (24) Kids (11) Marriage (9) Crafts (8) Stitch Fix (6) Vacations (5)

Monday, September 21, 2015

Stitch Fix - Fix #5


Stitch Fix is a monthly styling subscription service. When you sign up you fill out a surprisingly in-depth Style Profile about your sizes, your style, and pricing preferences, and then your personal stylist sends you 5 items to try once a month. This can include or exclude accessories as well.  The fee for this service is $20, and that includes FREE shipping and FREE returns. If you decide to keep any of the items they send you, you get to deduct the $20 fee from the total. (If you decide to keep all five items in your "fix", you also get a 25% discount!) 
Once your Fix is delivered, you get to try them all on and decide if you want to keep any of the items or send them back in the prepaid return envelope.  Whatever you keep, you pay for.  If you don't like anything, you send it all back and you are just out the $20 styling fee.

 Stitch Fix - Fix #5


 Skies Are Blue
Oleander Embroidery Detail Top - $58.00



Thoughts: Hated it.  Too short.  Not my style.  Wasn't a fan of the print or embroidery.  Honestly I disliked everything about this shirt.
Verdict: Returned


Pixley Greenich Striped Knit Top - $48.00


Thoughts: If I had to keep one thing from this fix, it would have been this shirt.  However, I couldn't talk myself into paying $48 for a basic striped tee.  The cute little elbow detail was nice, but pretty sure Target has shirts similar to this for less than $20.
Verdict: Returned


Kut From The Kloth Bennett Dress - $78.00

Thoughts: Awful.  Absolutely awful.  There was nothing flattering about this dress.  It was a hot mess.  The waist hit me way too low, the whole dress was heavy and baggy, the sleeves were strange.  Couldn't put this in the return bag quickly enough.
Verdict: Returned
 
Loveappella Dai Dress Dress - $68.00

Thoughts: This was the least offensive dress in the fix, but it was not at all flattering on my post-baby body. It showed every lump and bump.  Not a good look for me.  It would be adorable on a size 2 though! I loved the back detail.
Verdict: Returned
 
Papermoon Hadley Shift Dress - $58.00

Thoughts: I requested a couple of shift dresses on my Pinterest board, so I'm assuming that's why this dress was selected.  It wasn't one that I pinned.  I wanted something classic, sophisticated.  This looks more like a summer, going out dress.  Not sure if this style just isn't for me or if it was just too big, but it looked like a sack.  Maybe if I belted it or something, but I feel like that defeats the purpose of this dress.  It made me look bigger than I am, and I wasn't a fan of the print, so back it goes.
Verdict: Returned
 
Overall, I was really disappointed in this fix.  I usually try to keep one item so I don't lose my styling fee, but I couldn't justify anything in this fix.  The long sleeved striped tee was the only thing I would actually wear out of this fix, but it was overpriced for a basic shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think :)