Pregnancy (40) Baby (24) Kids (11) Marriage (9) Crafts (8) Stitch Fix (6) Vacations (5)

Monday, September 10, 2012

One Year Milestone


The card that David gave me was absolutely perfect. It really describes our long relationship. We met in high school. I was a freshman, and he was a senior. We started dating that following summer (I was 15). We stayed together through about 4 years of long distance dating, never broke up once, supported each others dreams, managed to find full time careers, definately grew up together, and managed to defy the odds and marry our high school sweethearts. I'm proud of where we are today.
It's crazy how fast time goes by.  One year ago today I was getting ready to say, "I Do". 


One year ago, my grandmother, Marnie, was still here to celebrate with my family.  Sadly, she passed away in August, and I still feel her loss. I'm so glad that she was able to be a part of my wedding.


So much has transpired since our wedding, good and bad, but I am so thankful to have my husband by my side throughout all of it.


He is my rock and I feel so lucky that he chose me to become his wife.


Now on to the celebration!  We spent the weekend in downtown Dallas, TX.  We stayed at the Hyatt Regency and we LOVED it! It was so modern and clean!


It had a gorgeous view too, with a chaise lounge right next to the window :)


We had to take a photo in the elevator ceiling mirror lol


We had dinner at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant, Five Sixty. It is in the Reunion Tower, and rotates the entire time so that you see all of Dallas while you eat.


I'd totally recommend checking it out.  I ordered the pork chop and it was delicious!


We had a blast on our trip and we look forward to many more years to come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think :)