Pregnancy (40) Baby (24) Kids (11) Marriage (9) Crafts (8) Stitch Fix (6) Vacations (5)

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Crafting while the husband is away

My husband is gone for work a lot, so I tend to have a lot of free time on my hands.  I decided to fill my time with crafts!   Here are a few things I've done this month:


We had a bare wall that I couldn't figure out what to do with.  I decided to install a shelf (from Target) and add some decor.  I love the button initial on covered canvas.  It was very easy to make.  I attached the fabric (Michaels) to a small canvas (Hobby Lobby), then added different sized buttons to make an 'M' on top.  I put together the vase (everything came from Just a Dollar!).  I think the pebbles inside the vase add a nice earthy element. 

I saw this idea on Pinterest and knew that I had to make one for myself.  I just got married in September and had a few leftover invitations.  All you do is cut the invitation into strips, roll them up (I wrapped them around a pen), and put them in a clear ornament! It's such a cute idea for newlyweds and a good idea to give as a gift!  I tied ribbon on the top to dress it up a little bit more.

I'm working on a few more Christmas crafts and will have much more to post in the next couple of weeks. :)

1 comment:

I love hearing your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think :)